Аghen Nahatak or Khachin Tak
Askeran Province, village of Karmir Gyugh
The church is located in the village of Karmir Gyugh, or 3 km north-west of the village of Drnavarz, on a hill. The temple is also called "Khachin so" / Under the cross /. On the northern edge of the old village, on a hill, stands a small church with a vaulted hall (dimensions: 6.8 x 5.3 x 5.8 m), built of rough stone, with a row of 12th-13th century khachkars built into the walls. Some khachkars contain floral and geometric, as well as tall sculptures of a household character. There are khachkars not only inside the monument, but also outside, especially at the entrance, in the nearby cemetery, of which there are more than a dozen.
In front of the entrance to the church in 1861, a guest house for pilgrims was built. There are different legends about the name of the church Аghen Nahatak, according to one version, the enemies killed a pregnant woman, and from there this place was named the place of the martyrdom of a pregnant woman / from the Arm. հղի- pregnant /. According to the second version, in the defensive battles against Lenk Temur, the headman of the village died along with many others, whose body was buried by the villagers on a hill, a church was built in his memory and the place was called Аghen nahatak, which means the place where the headman/ from the Arm .աղա -the headman /.
The cemetery of the same name, typical for the 9th-14th centuries, is located at a distance of about 100 m from the Khachin Tak or Eghen Nahatak church, and below there is a village that actually existed until the 19th century, referring to the inscription on the source located here.
«Diocese of Artsakh» (2009), Erevan, 411 pp.